It’s that time of year again! It’s Homecoming Weekend here at Mississippi College and there are tons of exciting events planned to celebrate the 185-year history of our university. Here are some of the highlights you can expect this weekend:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2011
- Homecoming Golf Tournament (11 AM, Live Oaks Golf Course) This event is open to students, alumni and guests – tickets are $50 and an RSVP will be necessary.
- Book Signing with Andy Taggart ‘79 (2 PM, Leland Speed Library Lobby) Taggart is an MC alum and attorney based in Madison, MS who has served as executive director of the Mississippi Republican Party and chief of staff to former Gov. Kirk Fordice. He and his co-author Jere Nash will be signing copies of their two books Mississippi Politics and Mississippi Fried Politics.
- FOLLIES! (7 PM, Swor Auditorium) Follies is one of the most anticipated events of the year. Pledges from the clubs and tribes compete by performing hilarious skits about life at Mississippi College. The top 3 skits win cash prizes, but more importantly bragging rights for the next year!
- Float Building Party (After Follies, Healthplex Parking Lot) Each year the student organizations come together for an all-night party to build floats for the Homecoming Parade the following morning. There will be food, music, lots of excited students, and another screening of all the Follies performances!
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2011
- Coach “Hap” Hudson Homecoming 5K Run (8 AM, Cockroft Hall) This annual race put on by the Kinesiology Department tours around Old Towne Clinton and raises money for various scholarships.
- Club, Tribe, and SGA Alumni Receptions (9:30 AM, Various locations)
- Tailgate (11:30 AM, The Quad/Patio) Live music, hundreds of your closest friends, and more food than you could dream of ever consuming. What more could you ask for?
- Homecoming Parade (1 PM, College Street) The parade will feature the wonderful MC Marching Band, a club and tribe cheer competition, and an assortment of MC VIPs all celebrating our university’s 185-year legacy.
- Women’s Soccer vs. LeTourneau (1 PM, Longabaugh Field) Come support the Lady Chocs as they continue their quest towards the Conference Tournament!
- MC Singers Concert (1:30 PM, Provine Chapel) Stop by and enjoy a free concert by MC’s award-winning choral group, directed by Dr. James Meaders and accompanied by Carol Joy Sparkman.
- Men’s Soccer vs. LeTourneau (3 PM, Longabaugh Field) The Chocs are currently on a 5 game winning streak, so come support them in what will surely be an exciting game.
- Football Game vs. Howard Payne (3 PM, Robinson-Hale Stadium) You definitely won’t want to miss the big game against Howard Payne!