Well, our wonderful boss JJ initially asked me to write a blog on how to properly manage your time during Finals Week. But seeing as I’m widely known as one of the biggest procrastinators on campus, fellow Telecounselors instead suggested I write about what NOT to do (AKA what I usually end up doing every semester).
- Do NOT take a midnight trip to New Orleans the night before your first final. Getting beignets at Cafe Du Monde at 3 AM? Awesome. Pulling on campus just in time for your 8 AM New Testament final with absolutely no sleep? Not so awesome.
- Do NOT wait until the week of your finals to open textbooks for the first time. I dare you to figure out exactly how much you would have to read each day to finish 4,539 pages in a week. WITHOUT using a calculator.
- Do NOT oversleep and miss your most important final… Which was in a language other than English.
- Do NOT drink four Five Hour Energy Shots in one night. They may threaten to institutionalize you.
- Do NOT forget to sleep. Did you know that after three days without sleep, you are considered clinically insane?
- Do NOT sell your textbooks to pay for your summer wardrobe before actually taking the finals.