After living in a one room, white-walled dorm room for six months, it’s only natural to become a bit bored with your room decor. But no need to fret, friends! I’ve got some tips to help you spruce up that drabby room.
So here you are. Five easy ways to spice up your dorm room:
1. Rearrange your furniture. This is one of the easiest ways to drastically alter the appearance of your dorm room. Try stacking things, unstacking things, bunking or debunking your beds. The best part of this tip? It’s absolutely free!
2. Make your own headboard. This is an inexpensive and fun craft that will change the look of that boring dorm furniture. The key is to get creative. Find some of your favorite fabric, textures, or materials, and get crafty!
3. Hang some fabric. Tapestries make really cool wall art, and they cover a large area of those bland white walls. You can also use a cool curtain or even a large scarf. Another idea is to fasten a favorite fabric onto a canvas for display. Here are some ideas that I like:
3. Partake in Spring Cleaning! At the risk of sounding like your mother, you really will enjoy your dorm room experience more if you can see the floor. Take out your trash, make your bed occasionally and don’t let your dirty laundry get out of control. Sweep or vacuum your floor, and even use some Clorox wipes once in a while. To make your room feel extra clean, try a fresh Plug-it-In fragrance like Clean Linen or Cool Serenity. Having a clean room is a small thing that can make a big difference!
4. Make a photo/memory wall. This is a great way to take up a lot of wall space. It’s also a fun way to display all of those college memories! Tape them on the wall in fun pattern, or use a string and clothespins for a different look. You can use photos or cut-outs from a favorite magazine. I like these:
5. Get organized. I don’t know about you, but I sure am thankful for these crafty sites that make organization fun! Living in a 12×15 room with another person can sometimes get a little cluttered, but there are so many cute ideas to get your stuff into its proper place! Check out this magnetic makeup board to organize a cluttered bathroom counter, and this cool mason jar idea for a messy desk!
Kristie (Your Resident Diva)