Here are two things most people don’t know:
- I like making lists.
- The MC Admissions Twitter is awesome!
The MC Admissions twitter is super fun and also very useful. If you are even slightly interested in Mississippi College and are not following the MC Admissions twitter you’re like a bag of Tostitos chips without any salsa. So to put a little “salsa” in your life, I’ve made a list of ten reasons why you should follow the MC Admissions Twitter.
- Following the twitter is an easy way to check out MC recruiting events. If there is a reception or college fair going on, you can check it on Twitter. It’s a quick way to see what’s going on without getting bogged down by all the details.
- The Admissions staff is awesome. MC has a fantastic group of admissions counselors, and following them on the Twitter is an awesome way to get to know them.
- The twitter is legitimately funny. While writing this blog I was reading through the Tweets and laughing, because they are hilarious. Lots of stereotypical MC humor mixed in with some pre-college jokes that help lighten the seemingly impossible task of choosing where to attend college.
- Application links. The MC Admissions Twitter has a tendency to tweet links to the online MC application. This way, if you are reading the Twitter and want to apply, it’s only one click away.
- Awesome MC pics. Let’s get to the logistics of this one. You are interested in MC. You are reading the Twitter, so you’re probably not physically on campus. So if you want to see some awesome images of campus life you should follow the Twitter.
- Michael Wright.
7. The Feed is Encouraging. The MC Admissions Twitter is really good about being super encouraging. It likes to tweet different scriptures to encourage you to not stress and let the Lord guide you.
8. Following the Twitter is a great way to decide if MC is the place for you. When it comes down to it, everything about a college is important. Of course you wouldn’t choose a college just because they have a fun Twitter account, but if you like the Tweets it’s most likely time to check out that school a little more.
9. Other High School students are doing it! Now, we’ve all heard “if your friends told you to jump off of a bridge would you do it?” but when it comes to following the MC Twitter, do what the other cool kids are doing! Students who are interested in coming to MC follow the Twitter so you should too. It’s a great way to stay in the game and maybe even make a friend or two.
10. It’s Easy. It’s not hard to follow someone. You are just a click or two away! https://twitter.com/#!/mc_admissions
I hope you enjoyed the list and clicked the Twitter link!
-Kenneth Gray, Junior Choctawker, Twitterer, and currently diagnosed with Linsanity