Friendships are one of the few things that can last a lifetime. I am not promising that you will make any life-long friendships during Orientation, but with the right tools and a smidgen of serendipity, it can happen.
Your Orientation prep team is here to offer those tools once again:
- First of all, come with confidence. Orientation is created for your enjoyment. So enjoy it! There will be an awesome band, great food and other incoming students just like you.
- Don’t over do it with the wardrobe choices. Be confident in what you are wearing and that will make you completely approachable. Who couldn’t love you in your favorite shirt?
- I know your mom always told you not to talk to strangers. But let’s face it, you might have to at some point, and what an excellent time to start!
- It is okay to stick to people you know from high school, however you might miss out on getting to know some really awesome people and setting up a solid foundation for the fall semester.
- If all else fails, find your admissions counselor or your orientation leader. They are very skilled at making people feel comfortable and will know other incoming students to introduce you to.