I don’t know about you, but I’m an absolute SUCKER for nostalgia. Here’s some stuff to make you feel super old!
1. “Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down…” (You know the rest, don’t you? Thought so.)
2. You know how to do it. Lick the sucker, dip it in the sugar, and enjoy the sweetness.
3. Writing notes to your friends in different colored gel pens!
4. One minute of your favorite songs. Seems obsolete next to the iPod, but hey, this was IT in the 3rd grade.
5. Personally, Furbys creeped me out, but I know a lot of my friends that treated these things better than their own pets.
6. Girls, you’ll understand. Lisa Frank folders, Lisa Frank trapper keepers, Lisa Frank pencils…
7. Tamagachi and Giga Pets were just about all the responsibility I could handle when I was 10. Mine always died within a week, but it was okay! I just grabbed a toothpick and reset them.
8. I spent many Saturday mornings with Rocko and Spunky. By the way, Rocko is a wallaby, a small kangaroo-like mammal from Australia
9. “It’s tearin’ up my heart when I’m with you, but when we are apart I feel it too, and no matter what I do I feel the pain, with or without you.. da nana nanana…” By the way, Justin was 17 when this song came out in the US. That’s younger than Justin Beiber is right now, just to put things into perspective.
10. Watching Doug chase after Patty Mayonnaise is one of my greatest childhood memories. I just love Porkchop and humming the “Doug” theme in my head!
Gotta love the 90’s!