You may wonder what the benefits are of going on a campus visit. Though college websites are super informative and helpful, campus visits offer you unique insight into a college. Here are five reasons why we think campus visits are well worth your time:
- You get to see the actual campus – Pictures and virtual tours are cool, but actually stepping foot onto a campus and seeing it in person will definitely give you a better feel for what a campus is like and if it is a good fit for you.
- You get a chance to interact with faculty and staff – Much of your college career will be centered around talking with professors and faculty. Visiting campus will give you a chance to meet some of these people. Not only will you have a better idea of the personality of a college staff, but also the staff will get a chance to meet you.
- Current students will guide you around campus. Chances are that you will meet them and their friends! If you do choose to go to that school, a campus visit gives you an opportunity to build a network of friends!
- There is a wealth of information at your finger tips when you visit a college campus. You can ask questions and receive answers for topics ranging from scholarship information and academic opportunities to the cafeteria menus and how much closet space your freshman dorm will have!
- It’s Free! – Not only does it not cost you to come and visit, but you also get a bunch of free goodies and food! The only thing you give is your time, and for that you get a valuable visit.
So, planning a college visit day is a super helpful step in the process of selecting your future college home! No matter where you choose to attend, check out visit opportunities that colleges have to offer. To schedule a campus visit at Mississippi College, contact our Campus Visit Coordinator, Angie Hardin, at 601-925-7288 or firstname.lastname@example.org