Christmas. They say this is most wonderful time of the year. It’s the climax of a 365 day countdown. It’s the time of year where people live with kinder hearts willing to give generously and forgive more than any other time of year. It’s where people spend multiple days traveling in cars and planes just to see their family. In all reality, its one time of the year where people finally slow their lives down just enough to see the importance of other people and treat them they way they would want to be treated. As December is approaching us fast, here are a few tips regarding the holiday season…
1) No re-gifting. Let’s be honest, every year we all consider pulling out a card we never signed along with a book we never read, wrapping it up and giving it as a terrible gift. Do yourself a favor, don’t do it. You’ll save yourself the embarrassment when someone random calls you out on it.
2) Watch Christmas movies. Nothing beats a good Christmas flick, or an old time claymation. Whether its “Elf” or the 1966 version of “How The Grinch Stole Christmas”, Christmas movies are guaranteed to bring along a cheerful time with family and friends.
3) Give in to Christmas Music. Stop being too cool for school, just stop. You know when you are by yourself you listen to Nsync’s “Home For Christmas” CD. Let that Christmas spirit come out in front of other people, they will love you for it.
4) No mass text messages. If you are attempting to let people know you remember and care about them on Christmas, sending a mass text message to everyone in your phone sends the opposite message. Take a few extra minutes and send a personal message to the people you really care about it.
5) Speak Kindly to Others. When you see someone on the street, wave at them and give them a simple “Merry Christmas”. This is a time of year to celebrate the birth of Christ by sharing that truth with other people. Express that however you wish, but in my opinion nothing makes people feel better than having someone tell them “Merry Christmas”.
Merry Christmas my friends!