Registering for classes can be an exciting but also stressful time for students. I personally love looking at all the options of classes I can take offered by the different departments on campus. It can also be stressful because there are so many options, you’re not sure which classes to choose! I suggest to check out this past blog about a new schedule planner that can help you find courses during specific class times you would like. This can come in handy when searching for classes and putting together your schedule.
During orientation all you guys will have an advisor leading you through the process for registering for classes. So thankfully, this blog will give you a preview of how to do it and a tool for future purposes of looking up classes.
- First, you’re going to open BannerWeb through logging in to MyMC through MC’s homepage.
- Once you open BannerWeb, click on the Student tab.
- Then click Registration.
- Click Look Up Classes.
- Now you need to select what term you are choosing to look up classes under, this would be Fall 2013 for the upcoming semester. Then click submit.
- Now you can choose which subjects you want to search for classes under. You can choose multiple subjects by holding the Ctrl button while selecting the subjects. As you can see I am searching for classes under Accounting, Bible, and Communication. Then click Course Search.
- A list of classes will appear now. Click View Sections for the class you know you want to take to see all of the days/times offered for this class. I chose Elementary Accounting 201.
- Now you can see all of the times offered for this Elementary Accounting course. Once you find one you like, you can click the check box on the left and register for it once you have your alternate PIN number. You’ll get that from your advisor at orientation.
So now you know how to look up classes! Some helpful tips to look for once you find all the sections found (the picture above this). MWF = class meets on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. TR = class meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays. MR = class meets on Mondays and Thursdays.
You should also look at the Location and Attribute on the right of this page. The location will tell you if it’s on the Main Campus or Flowood campus. You only want the Main Campus. If under attribute it says Accelerated Degree Program Only, that means you most likely need to be enrolled in that program, so you don’t want those classes either. Depending on what kind of class it is, the professor might let you in an ADP class. I’d suggest to email that professor and ask if it’s a class you really want to take.
I hope this will benefit you guys when registering. We’re pumped for orientation! Stay tuned with us on twitter to see other orientation tips.